Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE When Trying to Access a DGN2200v4 – N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router

toggenation
Follower

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE When Trying to Access a DGN2200v4 – N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router

I have a DGN2200v4 – Netgear Genie Router running V1.0.0.126_1.0.126. It is setup in AP Mode with a fixed IP. 

The Routers IP address, default gateway and and subnet mask are correct. I can ping the device from remote subnets.

I can connect via a web browser when the computer is on the same subnet as the DGN2200v4 but cannot get to the admin page when I am on a different subnet.

With Chrome on Windows I get:

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

With curl http://ipofrouter on linux I get:

curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Is there are a firmware update or configuration change that will allow remote management?

Or do I have to be on the same subnet to connect to the admin page when running in AP Mode?

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE When Trying to Access a DGN2200v4 – N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router

This isn't a Firewall and VPN Ruter class device, much more it's simply a DSL Modems & Modem/Router Combo device.

The find documentation N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200v4 User Manual does only talk of on p.85 ff.

Wireless AP
You can set up the modem router to run as an access point (AP) on the same local network as another router 

DGN2200v4 AP.PNG

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements