Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting various Syslog errors from my SRX5803: KERNEL [Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto...

UpTooL8
Aspirant

Getting various Syslog errors from my SRX5803: KERNEL [Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto...

I'm getting various syslog error msgs from my SRX5803 starting with the phrase;

KERNEL [Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto...

[Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto 17 (hook=0)\012aring the ISR a800000417f85800\01217 (hook=0)

[Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto 1 (hook=0)

[Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto 17 (hook=0)

[Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto 17 (hook=0)\012<3

I would appreciate some ideas on how to clean this up.

Thx

Message 1 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Getting various Syslog errors from my SRX5803: KERNEL [Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto...

Hello UpTooL8, 

Welcome to the community! 

I see you are getting some error messages with your router, let me try to help. I would like to get as some details for us to understand the issue properly. I have listed them below: 

1. What firmware version are you using? 

2. What issues on the network are your experiencing? 

3. Do you get random reboots on your device? 

4. What was changed before you encounter the issue? 

5. How long has the issue been going? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
UpTooL8
Aspirant

Re: Getting various Syslog errors from my SRX5803: KERNEL [Kernel] ipv4_prepare: Frag of proto...

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

1. Firmware Version 4.3.0-19.

2. I'm not sure what issues is is causing on the network.  I recently started having the logs sent to my Syslog server to consolidate all my network errors and since I did I am getting a bevy of noticesfrom this router.  So, I'm starting with the ones that seem to repeat frequently.

3. I don't get random reboots but I do have the router reboot once a day.

4-5. I really havent made any changes recently and I cant say how long this has been happening.  I reall haven't had any issues thae would have caused me to look @ the logs so I can't really tell you how long this has been going on.  I do have copies of the logs so if need be I can research that if necessary.  I'm realy just trying to clear up errors in the log if I can.

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello UpTooL8, 

This could be an error due to the bugs on this firmware version. Please consider updating your firmware and see if the error messages will go away, you are running on a very old firmware that has bugs. You may have to do the update incrementally, download the latest firmware versions here

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements