Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PR60X/PR460X Client VPN Capable or Site to Site only?

dfos27
Follower

PR60X/PR460X Client VPN Capable or Site to Site only?

Was going through the product spec sheet(s) and the documentation for the PR60X/PR460X and noticed in the manual that it states it provides site to site VPN IPSec but does NOT provide remote client VPN capability. Is this correct and will this change or be a feature for these routers at some point in the future?

Was looking at upgrading our Meraki MX65 in favor of something that allowed more throughput and thought that this newly released router would be ideal as all of our hardware is new-er Insight capable hardware (Switches and AP's). The PR60X fits our needs BUT if it cannot provide remote client VPN then I will continue my search for something else. 
Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
jakcyc
Initiate

Re: PR60X/PR460X Client VPN Capable or Site to Site only?

I was having the same question, and was looking at the user manual, which found that was being mentioned on page 146.

Note:The router does not support client-to-gateway connections, where by a computer or mobile device of a remote user connects through a VPN tunnel directly to a VPN router. The router supports site-to-site connections between two NETGEAR VPN routers or between a NETGEAR VPN router and a third-party VPN router.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/PR60X/PR60X_UM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 4
B_L
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

The IPsec VPN client-to-site is supported in firmware 2.3.0.78 which was released a few days ago. 

You can find the details in the release notes. https://kb.netgear.com/000066092/PR60X-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-78

Message 3 of 4
jakcyc
Initiate

Yes, thats a great update, and I am using the latest firmware with IPSec Client-to-Site connection, so far very happy with this feature.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements