Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding HELP needed on SRX5308 for Arlo System

tomtorre
Aspirant

Port Forwarding HELP needed on SRX5308 for Arlo System

I am looking for a detailed procedure, step by step, on how to Open Ports 443 & 80 - I am totally lost here. I tried following the instructions for Firewall Protection / Inbound Rules (Port Forwarding) on Page 140 of the SRX5308 Reference Manual but I'm just not getting it.  

I just purchased (2) Arlo Netgear 5 Camera Systems but won't be able to view any video without these 2 ports Open

Any help would be most appreciated

Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Port Forwarding HELP needed on SRX5308 for Arlo System

Hi tomtorre,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Did you encounter any error message?  If yes, what does the error message says?

b. What is the current firmware version of the SRX5308?

c. I believe you have a modem where the SRX5308 is connected to, is your modem a modem-router combination or a modem-only device?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
tomtorre
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply

A) I am not getting any error messages, I am just trying to be proactive here.  The Arlo Netgear Security Camera System will arrive today and I noticed on the Arlo website that ports 443 & 80 must be OPEN in order to stream the Arlo Camera Video to any Smartphone or the Arlo Web App.

After searching this community I found a video that shows how to Add a Custom Security Services, so I set up 2 New Ones:

Name - Type - Start Port - Finish Port

ArloONE - TCP - 80 - 80

ArloTWO - TCP - 443 - 443

I think this is correct so far but I think I have to add these 2 services to Firewall Rules, I haven't so far, I think it's best to wait for the Arlo System to arrive

B) Latest Bios, 4.3.3-6 is installed on the SRX5308

C) I have a Cable Modem from my ISP and then the SRX5308 is Behind That - this would be the 1st time I ever had to creat Firewall Rules so pardon any ignorance to setting things up.

I appreciate your response

tomtorre

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tomtorre,

I agree that we should wait for the Arlo units to arrive.  Then, you can set Inbound firewall rules for the Arlo units after it has been set up.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
tomtorre
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

I just installed my 5 camera Arlo system and it works GREAT to my Smartphone App but I keep getting "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router." when I try to see the status of my cameras through ANY Web browser on my network.  I really think the ports 443 and 80 has to be Open on the Netgear SRX5308... I just don't know how to open these ports - any help is appreciated

Thank in Advance

Tom Torre

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tomtorre,

Let me share this forum link I found in the Arlo Community and it might help:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Base-Station-Not-Connected-to-the-Internet/td-p/965...

Hope it helps. Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
tomtorre626
Tutor

DaneA

Thanks for the link, it really helped - I reinstalled Windows 7 and my Arlo desktop is working well in Chrome - I am slowly adding my Apps back in to see which one may be the offending one.

Thanks again for all your help

Tom Torre

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tomtorre26,

You are welcome!  Smiley Happy

I am glad that the forum link I shared helped you.

Feel free to post your future concerns here in NETGEAR Community.

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements