Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAN Load Balancing with FritzBox doesn't work

thomaskrampe
Aspirant

WAN Load Balancing with FritzBox doesn't work

I curently have a FVS336Gv3 with a WAN2 connection to a Fritzbox 6490 Cable with static public IP adresses. LAN Port 1 on the FritzBox is connected to WAN2 on the FVS336Gv3.  Iconfigure the with a static public IP from my public range and use the (public) IP of the Fritzbox as Gateway. That works from day 1.

Now I connected a second Fritzbox 7560 connected to a 1&1 DSL. I connect the LAN Port 1 from the Fritzbox the same way bt to WAN1 on the FCS336Gv3. I configure a static IP address (private) out of the FritzBox range (192.168.178.1/24) and use the FritzBox (private) IP as the Gatewy, Btw. this doesn't work. WAN 1 interface is down and in the WAN overview page this interface has noc IP address and state is down.

I found several articles for older Fritzbox configuration where I have to configure PPPoe to use the Fritzbox as a DSL modem only. But multiple PPPoe connection is not supported by the ISP 1&1. Can anyone explain why this configuration isn't working?

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WAN Load Balancing with FritzBox doesn't work

Hi thomaskrampe,

Welcome to our community!

Most likely WAN connections will always depend on how your ISP wanted it to be setup to the router. Have you tried connecting it first as a primary WAN before setting it up on load balancing? Just to make sure that it is working. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WAN Load Balancing with FritzBox doesn't work

@thomaskrampe,

I would to have a follow-up on this. If you were able to test the other fritzbox as a primary WAN just to test if it will work. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements