Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What gbic should I use for the sfp+ port of pr60x???

soosang
Aspirant

What gbic should I use for the sfp+ port of pr60x???

I heard that the axc761 cable was compatible with pr60x, so I bought a third-party cable that was identical to the axc761, but it did not work.

Also, I connected the pr60x and m4300 with several gbics, but most of them link down, and only the intel gbic links up. Even with this, the connection works fine from the pr60x to the m4300, but the link from the m4300 to the pr60x is broken.

I have several m4300s and they all operate normally. Multiple GBICs are also compatible with m4300.

Also, all other ports of pr60x operate normally. Only the sfp+ port does not work properly.

Also, cable works fine too.

Am I using an incompatible gbic or is the pr60x defective?

Message 1 of 4
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: What gbic should I use for the sfp+ port of pr60x???

Hi @soosang,

You can check this list of SFP/SFP+ modules that will work on PR60X. If the SFP/SFP+ connection to other devices such as your M4300 is broken we have to check the configuration and logs from both and even consider compatibility issues.

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 4
soosang
Aspirant

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Supported by Netgear are only SFP and SFP+ modules explicitly listed in the official compatibility lists for the Netgear switches . In case one of these don't work, Netgear is in charge to replace or fix the devices and products affected, as long as the warranty lasts, for the original buyer. For anything else: As customers, we are on our own.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements