× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't enable Link Aggregation on Netgear "GS724TS" Switch

melvin1817
Aspirant

Can't enable Link Aggregation on Netgear "GS724TS" Switch

I'm trying to enable link aggregation on my Netgear GS724TS Smart Gigabit Ethernet Switch and it is not working. The Link Aggregation Groups show notPresent under Status. See image bellow:

LAG.png

I tried a couple of times selecting LAG1 and setting its status to Up and then click Apply and it reverse back to notPresent.

Currently, I have multiple devices connected to the switch on ports 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.

I have a Synology DiskStation NAS (DS1515+) that has 4 network ports which are bonded and configured for IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation. I also tried configuring them for IEEE 802.3ad Static Link Aggregation and same issue.

Please let me know how can I enable Link Aggregation in the Switch.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @melvin1817,

Is the unit running on its latest Firmware 5.2.0.11? Also, can you share a screenshot of the LAG Membership page to see if admin mode is enabled? The error message is unusual though.

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Before you can enable the LAG Configuration, key is to define the LAG Memebership first.

Cumbersome, these old ane EoL switch Web UI were designed and implemented for older browsers and were workable on IE - modern browsers like Chrome and Edge, and you might to have to run some peek-and-poke with alternate Web browsers. Good experience in general can be achieved using Firefox. 

Historically, those switches are dating back from the year 2009, and used to be administered primarely by using the legacy Smartwizard Utility - long before Web-based management became more common.

Either way, these are in no aspect Managed Switches, much more legacy variants of Smart Switches, so I'm requesting a moderator to move this thread to the Plus And Smart Switches Forum to discuss Smart Switches (T) and Plus Switches (E), including Local and Remote Management.

Message 3 of 6
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi

Great points by @schumaku,

If this feature is no longer configurable using an old browser since this product has been EOL for a long time, We recommend that it would be best to get an upgrade and look at the list of Smart Switches that can handle your needs. 

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 6
melvin1817
Aspirant

I'm running on firmware v5.2.0.11

Switch.png

Here are some screenshots of the LAG Membership page:

LAG Membership.png

LAG Membership 2.png

LAG Membership 3.png

LAG Membership 4.png

This is a screenshot of the Ling Aggregation configuration of my Synology DiskStation NAS

DiskStation.png

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@melvin1817 wrote:

I'm running on firmware v5.2.0.11

Here are some screenshots of the LAG Membership page:

LAG Membership 2.png

LAG Membership 4.png

Head again to LAG - Membership - Advanced ... there is supposed be a way to define the adapters (ports) for the LAG. Currently, there is indeed no port participating in the LAG. Here how it looks on a much newer switch (last gen with the old UI design):

old UI LAG Membership advanced.png

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements