× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't load switch web interface, it doesn't return pings, but still passes network traffic

aesterling
Aspirant

Can't load switch web interface, it doesn't return pings, but still passes network traffic

Hello, any help with this problem is appreciated:

• I'm unable to load the web interface of our switch (from multiple computers, browsers, etc), it doesn't return pings, but it continues to pass network traffic.
  • I've physically restarted the switch but that did not solve the problem.
  • I've installed the software "Netgear Smart Control Center" on a PC connected to the switch, but the software does not find the switch.
  • I also installed the USB Console Driver and was able to successfully connect and login to the switch over USB using Tera Term, but I'm unfamiliar with the tool, even after looking through the CLI user manual.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Model: M5300-52G3 (GSM7352Sv2h2)|ProSAFE 48-port Managed L3 Gigabit Stackable Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can't load switch web interface, it doesn't return pings, but still passes network traffic

Hi Aesterling,

Because the IP address of ezConfig is same as default network/management VLAN IP address on M5300.
So the old IP address will lost when input a new one just like configre new IP address on same port.

There is a configuration alter about management IP address of ezConfig like below:

(SW1) #ezconfig

EZ Configuration Utility
--------------------------------
Hello and Welcome!
This utility will walk you thru assigning the IP address for the switch management CPU. It will allow you to save the changes at the end. After the session, simply use the newly assigned IP address to access the Web GUI using any public domain Web browser.

Assigning an IPv4 address to your switch management

Current IPv4 Address Configuration  
----------------------------------
Management VLAN ID: 1
IPv4 Address Assignment Mode: Manual
IPv4 Address: 192.108.130.2                    
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Router IPv4: 192.108.130.1
Routing Mode: Enable

IPv4 address has been assigned manually. What do you want to do?
C - Change IPv4 address.
D - Assign IPv4 address for the switch using DHCP Mode(current IPv4 address will be
lost).
N - Skip this option and go to the next question.
Q - Quit.
? - Help.
(C/D/N/Q/?)? C

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can't load switch web interface, it doesn't return pings, but still passes network traffic

Hi Aesterling,

Welcome to NETGEAR community!Smiley Happy

Could you tell us the module of the switch?

For console port manual.

You can find it form install guide as following link:

install guide

console.png

Message 2 of 4
aesterling
Aspirant

Thanks Daniel_Z,

The switch is a M5300-52G3. I hadn't run the CLI ezconfig because I wasn't sure if it would reset the port configuration that I had previously setup. This morning I did run ezconfig and found that the switch has lost its static ip, network mask, and gateway settings. After I entered those the web interface is working properly again!

Why would have those settings been reset without any user intervention?

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 4
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Aesterling,

Because the IP address of ezConfig is same as default network/management VLAN IP address on M5300.
So the old IP address will lost when input a new one just like configre new IP address on same port.

There is a configuration alter about management IP address of ezConfig like below:

(SW1) #ezconfig

EZ Configuration Utility
--------------------------------
Hello and Welcome!
This utility will walk you thru assigning the IP address for the switch management CPU. It will allow you to save the changes at the end. After the session, simply use the newly assigned IP address to access the Web GUI using any public domain Web browser.

Assigning an IPv4 address to your switch management

Current IPv4 Address Configuration  
----------------------------------
Management VLAN ID: 1
IPv4 Address Assignment Mode: Manual
IPv4 Address: 192.108.130.2                    
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Router IPv4: 192.108.130.1
Routing Mode: Enable

IPv4 address has been assigned manually. What do you want to do?
C - Change IPv4 address.
D - Assign IPv4 address for the switch using DHCP Mode(current IPv4 address will be
lost).
N - Skip this option and go to the next question.
Q - Quit.
? - Help.
(C/D/N/Q/?)? C

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements