× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DANTE with Crestron NSX encoders

vbecque
Follower

DANTE with Crestron NSX encoders

Hi,

We have some Crestron NVX encoders that have one interface with three types of stream coming out: DANTE audio, video stream and control. We want to separate these into 3 VLANs: AUDIO, VIDEO, CONTROL

By default, I set the port in VLAN CONTROL. I don't really need to separate the video, thus forget this part. But I need to separate the AUDIO because it must stay local at the switch. The rest will travel trunks to go to other rooms. I have a DHCP server in the AUDIO vlan to configure the DANTE boards.

I started to try the MAC based VLAN and protocol based VLAN classification but cannot get DANTE network working correctly. I see the equipments, the DHCP seems to work correctly but the PTP clock never sync and the equipment finish to disapear.

Does somebody already try to separate streams coming from the same port like this?

Do you have a better idea?

Kind regards,

Vincent

Model: GSM4328PB|M4300-28G-PoE+ - 24x1G PoE+ Stackable Managed Switch with 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ (1000W PSU)
Message 1 of 2
NeilS
NETGEAR Expert

Re: DANTE with Crestron NSX encoders

Hi Vincent,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community.

To assist with your enquiry, could you please ensure the GSM4328PB is updated to the latest FW, and also send a copy of the Tech Support file?

The latest FW is available at: https://kb.netgear.com/000063719/M4300-Firmware-Version-12-0-13-7

To access the Tech Support file, please follow the steps below:

"Maintenance/Export/HTTP File Export", select "Tech Support" in the dropdown menu list, and click "Apply".

Please email the Tech Support file to the ProAV Engineering Services team at: ProAVDesign@netgear.com.

Please include your original post description.

Many thanks

NeilS

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements