× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FSM7226P models only access UI via IE browser.

solokifle77
Aspirant

FSM7226P models only access UI via IE browser.

hi there,

after a major power shut down to multiple locations. I just happened to notice I can only access the UI switches only with Internet Explorer. My preference used to be Chrome in Incognito.

Can someone tell me what it behaves like that?

Thank you,

Model: M4100-26-POE (FSM7226P)|ProSafe 26 ports fully managed L2 switch with PoE
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Re: FSM7226P models only access UI via IE browser.

Hi, I can confirm that the M4100 10.0.2.35 (GSM5212P in my case) is still accessible from Firefox 99.0 and Edge 101.
It could be that some policy or local settings have disabled TLS 1.0 and/or the ciphers the switch offers in your browsers.

The M4100 firmware only supports TLS 1.0 and ciphers suites with SHA1 only. At some point browser will start
enabling TLS 1.0 by default and then it will be become even harder (i.e. disabling HTTPS, back to HTTP).

The M4100 are end of life by now and the last firmware dates back to late 2019, so while it can still be done,
the days are counted and you should be looking into a planned replacement for the switches if they are in production
use.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@solokifle77,

Were you able to use Incognito mode of Chrome before in accessing the web-GUI of the M4100-26-POE switch?

Have you tried using other PC/laptop to isolate the problem? 

What is the current firmware version of the M4100-26-POE switch?  If ever it is not yet on the latest version, I suggest you to update it then check if the same problem will occur.  The latest firmware for the M4100-26-POE switch is v10.0.2.35 and you can download it here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
solokifle77
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

it actually has the latest firmware 10.0.2.35. I also went to check for the ssl menu and it shows enabled. Do you think it has to do with the certificate expired? I don't know what else to think of at this point because everything was working fine until they have a power outages. It's few of them.

grassmere switch no UI access browser.png

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@solokifle77,

Have you check if the browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc)  you tried to use are already in the updated version?  

Have you tried connecting other PC/laptop directly to the M4100-26-POE switch then try to access the web-GUI to further isolate the problem? 

Is the M4100-26-POE switch connected to a UPS or directly connected to an AC power outlet?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
solokifle77
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

all my browsers are up to date. The switches are connected to USP's, the only browsers that work is IE.

This is becoming a major concern because we have multiple locations with similar switches model having the same behaviour. Unfortunately, I'm working remotely so I didn't get a chance to connect directly, but later on I can try to connect to a PC remotely on the same lan as the switch and see If I can.

Maybe it is an ssl certificate error issues. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 8
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, I can confirm that the M4100 10.0.2.35 (GSM5212P in my case) is still accessible from Firefox 99.0 and Edge 101.
It could be that some policy or local settings have disabled TLS 1.0 and/or the ciphers the switch offers in your browsers.

The M4100 firmware only supports TLS 1.0 and ciphers suites with SHA1 only. At some point browser will start
enabling TLS 1.0 by default and then it will be become even harder (i.e. disabling HTTPS, back to HTTP).

The M4100 are end of life by now and the last firmware dates back to late 2019, so while it can still be done,
the days are counted and you should be looking into a planned replacement for the switches if they are in production
use.

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@solokifle77 wrote:

..., the only browsers that work is IE.

Not sure it helps in your case. However, for users still maintaining legacy devices like older switches, routers, and more - be aware IE11 will go out of service soon. Nice workaround (with no bad hacks) is the ability to operate modern Edge in IE11 mode on select devices, local or remote does not matter: FMI https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode 

Message 7 of 8
solokifle77
Aspirant

hi,

thank you for your advice. You're definitely right about the IE eol. Your article you posted is awesome.

Thank you 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements