× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS310TP - Firmware Updates

cavebeat
Aspirant

GS310TP - Firmware Updates

Hi, 

Newbie on this board, first post, don't eat me. 

As the S350 Smart Switch GS310TP is really appealing to me, i am now looking into buying one to upgrade my home network. As soon i understood 802.1Q/VLAN, i want now to separate now everything and get rid of dumb switches. 

I was looking for the Firmware Source Codes here: https://kb.netgear.com/2649/NETGEAR-Open-Source-Code-for-Programmers-GPL

Happily i found a section for the GS310TP and the GS308T. Unfortunately, only stuff like Busybox is in the download available, but missing other parts. 

I was looking after build instructions, toolchain, sourcecode so i could also build the firmware myself.

Most of the other products listed on this page, include that parts for their related download.

For example, the router i once owned, WNDR4300, for which the download is complete, including build instructions, toolchain, sourcecode,... 

Would it be possible to publish the missing parts for the GS308T/GS310TP as well? 

That would help me a lot. 

Thanks in Advance 

br Chris 

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS310TP - Firmware Updates

Forget the plan for scratch build ready-to-run images for these switches. Well possible you end with an incomplete implementation, missing features, and much more. Enough challenges in operating the Netgear supplied firmware at it's full possible complexity.

And for the records here again, we talk about Smart Managed Pro models with the GS310TP, not a subject Managed Switch product line.

Message 2 of 4
cavebeat
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

Well possible you end with an incomplete implementation, missing features, and much more. 

I'm fully aware of that risk. 

Still i'm searching for that documentation parts. Which are usually available for other products, but kind of incomplete for the GS310TP. 

Message 3 of 4
cavebeat
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

And for the records here again, we talk about Smart Managed Pro models with the GS310TP, not a subject Managed Switch product line.

Why are you pointing that out? What would be the difference? 

Which switch/product would be part of the "subject Managed Switch" product line for instance? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements