× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HOW MANY VLANS ON A FIBER TRUNK OF A M4250: ONLU SEEING DATA NOT AUDIO DANTE AND DATA

Nils-GSR
Aspirant

HOW MANY VLANS ON A FIBER TRUNK OF A M4250: ONLU SEEING DATA NOT AUDIO DANTE AND DATA

I might be missing something but I'm not able to get the Dante Audio signal data down the fiber port sharing with Data; data is fine, just no Dante Signal. Under port configuration it shows only data on the Fiber

VLAN 1 is Data VLAN 20 is Dante primary, Fiber port is set to Auto Trunk.

Message 1 of 3
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: HOW MANY VLANS ON A FIBER TRUNK OF A M4250: ONLU SEEING DATA NOT AUDIO DANTE AND DATA

Hi @Nils-GSR ,

Something misconfigured I'm sure - if the port is Auto-Trunk it means all VLANs are going through - but it also means you are going to another M4250 switch, right?

Please make sure you are running the latest firmware (M4250 FW); also if you have several switches, you can follow our application notes with very detailed how-to's here: AV over IP Technical Guides - NETGEAR

If the problem persists, don't worry, a ProAV Design System Engineer will help you: email us at ProAVDesign@netgear.com

Thank you,

Laurent

Message 2 of 3
Nils-GSR
Aspirant

Re: HOW MANY VLANS ON A FIBER TRUNK OF A M4250: ONLU SEEING DATA NOT AUDIO DANTE AND DATA

Left VLAN 1 and passed all of my data traffic there, set up a VLAN for Dante then configured the Dante card, and it worked. Very Cool, thank you.

Up until I tried to add another static data VLAN profile to separate the two data environments (Netgear default and Audio Architect control).

That addition results in a "Add Interface IP error"?

VLAN 1: Static; IP=XXX.XXX.10.XXX DHCP OFF; success

VLAN 20 Static IP=XXX.XXX.20.XXX; DHCP ON; success

VLAN 50 Static IP=XXX.XXX.50.XXX; DHCP OFF; Add Interface IP error

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements