× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: M4100-24G-POE+ ProSafe 24-port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch with PoE+ - DHCP server

Luciano63
Star

M4100-24G-POE+ ProSafe 24-port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch with PoE+ - DHCP server

Hello everybody. I need to setup a DHCP server on the switch mentioned in subject. Following what is actually depicted in manuals leads to a non working configuration. So I was wondering if someone who faced this issue before could help me in fixing it. I suspect that configuration is missing something in the routing section, but using only NG manuals it's hard to figure out where I have to put in new configuration commands. Furthermore I was thinking if this device could act as a DHCP server or not. Maybe gurus from Netgear could clarify my doubts.

Thanks in advance and happy new year

Luciano 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Luciano63
Star

Rif.: M4100-24G-POE+ ProSafe 24-port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch with PoE+ - DHCP server

SOLVED: I solved the problem with some try & error - below the steps which solved my problem if anyone else should need them:

Go to Routing section and then choose "VLAN Routing"

1. Add a new route for the VLAN on which you want to activate the service
  2. Choose the VLAN ID from the list
  3. In the IP adress field I added the first address of the excluded range
  4. In the subnet mask field add the VLAN mask
  5. Click on the "ADD" button to add to switch configuration

The REAL problem is that the CLI example in the software administration manual does not match the web interface one

Happy new year

Luciano

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Luciano63
Star

SOLVED: I solved the problem with some try & error - below the steps which solved my problem if anyone else should need them:

Go to Routing section and then choose "VLAN Routing"

1. Add a new route for the VLAN on which you want to activate the service
  2. Choose the VLAN ID from the list
  3. In the IP adress field I added the first address of the excluded range
  4. In the subnet mask field add the VLAN mask
  5. Click on the "ADD" button to add to switch configuration

The REAL problem is that the CLI example in the software administration manual does not match the web interface one

Happy new year

Luciano

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements