× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-28G data packets being routed to separate networks

dnell20
Aspirant

M4300-28G data packets being routed to separate networks

First I like to say I'm just getting started, so excuse my lack of understanding or lack of information I may or may not have.  We have a closed network that doesn't touch the internet.  What I'm trying to accomplish is data going to one network from the pc is bandwidth restricted so another gateway has been added to the M4300-28g switch to allow for logging and other patch updates to reach the pc. So I need certain packets to route to the gateway with restricted bandwidth only and the other packets to hit the other new gateway only.  So when the packets leave the pc they all go to the M4300-28g switch then the switch does the routing and sends the packets to its designated gateway.  I do realize that vlans will need to be created in the switch but I'm still confused on how the routing is suppose to be setup in the switch.  I attached a jpg that can hopefully explain what I'm trying to accomplish as well.Logging-.jpg

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements