× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300 Switch Upgrade Path

ollie3028
Follower

M4300 Switch Upgrade Path

Hi all,

I am looking at upgrading the firmware on our Netgear M4300-52G-PoE+ (GSM4352PA) switches to the newest available version.

They currently sit on version 12.0.2.6 and I would like to upgrade to 12.0.17.16, is there a path for this upgrade or am I ok to jump from the current version to the new version with nothing in between?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
msi
Luminary
Luminary

Re: M4300 Switch Upgrade Path

Most of the time you can jump directly to a new firmware - and usually pretty safely - unless there are specific indications in the release notes. This has been pretty rare in the paste if I remember correctly.

There are 2 things I'd like to note:

• You do have 2 boot partitions, make yourself familiar with the concept and use it to not overwrite your currently active firmware. Update currently-inactive partition, activate it for the next reboot and then reboot thes switch. If anything goes wrong, you have a pretty easy way back.
  • There are certain things that have changed, if you want to be extra safe, read the release notes in between your current and the target version.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements