× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M5300 bricked after flash erase

somatica
Follower

M5300 bricked after flash erase

I've just received a new (to me) M5300 switch and was erasing old setings before putting new software on.

With a console cable, I interrupted the uboot process before the menu boot and ran:

=> erase all
Erase Flash Bank # 1 - Warning: 4 protected sectors will not be erased!
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ done
=>

Now, I get no response at all when cycling the switch, just a rapidly flashing orange power light.

Old U-boot was 

U-Boot 2011.12 (Jul 05 2012 - 05:05:25)VerNo=1.0.0.5
powerpc-wrs-linux-gnu-gcc (Wind River Linux Sourcery G++ 4.3a-274) 4.3.2
GNU ld (Wind River Linux Sourcery G++ 4.3a-274) 2.18.50.20080215

How can I restore this U-Boot/switch software to get started again please?

Model: M5300-28G_POE+ (GSM7228PSv1h2)|ProSAFE 24+4 L2+ Gigabit Stackable Managed Switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M5300 bricked after flash erase

@somatica,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Just found out from the NETGEAR Support Team that you have already an ongoing support ticket with them.  You may want to post the progress of it here. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements