× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Switch

Gerchris
Tutor

Network Switch

I have a router from my provider on 10GB fiber. I want to connect a switch to the 10GB output from the router (the output is RSJ45) cable. Can anyone recommend a good router with input 10GB RSJ and minimum 10 ports output to the rest of the house. A bit lost with all the switch options.

thanks 

Gerard

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

@Gerchris wrote:

I have a router from my provider on 10GB fiber. I want to connect a switch to the 10GB output from the router (the output is RSJ45) cable. Can anyone recommend a good router with input 10GB RSJ and minimum 10 ports output to the rest of the house.

10 Gb Internet isn't that common so there may not be many experts around here.

On the router front, try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Switches might be best discussed in the appropriate section:

Switches - NETGEAR Communities

To find out what Netgear makes, start here:

Network Switches For Home & Business | NETGEAR

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies

@Gerchris wrote:

I have a router from my provider on 10GB fiber. I want to connect a switch to the 10GB output from the router (the output is RSJ45) cable. Can anyone recommend a good router with input 10GB RSJ and minimum 10 ports output to the rest of the house.

10 Gb Internet isn't that common so there may not be many experts around here.

On the router front, try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Switches might be best discussed in the appropriate section:

Switches - NETGEAR Communities

To find out what Netgear makes, start here:

Network Switches For Home & Business | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 6
Gerchris
Tutor

Thanks I will try the switch community

Message 3 of 6
Gerchris
Tutor

10GB RSJ input and minimum of 10 ports output switch?

I have a router from my provider on 10GB fiber. I want to connect a switch to go to the 10GB output from the router (the output is RSJ45) cable to go to various points in the house. Can anyone recommend a good switch with input 10GB RSJ and minimum of 10 ports output to the rest of the house. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 10GB RSJ input and minimum of 10 ports output switch?

I fitted my network last year with these two switches, XS505M and GS110MX, working great. Un-managed and simple. There's a XS508 and XS512 and XS724 versions as well.

Message 5 of 6
Gerchris
Tutor

Re: 10GB RSJ input and minimum of 10 ports output switch?

Many thx

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements