× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using 2 switching hub access nas from sevaral PC

Junwoo
Follower

Using 2 switching hub access nas from sevaral PC

Hello, 

I am having trouble creating a home network using two switching hubs.

The home network configuration I set up is shown in the photo.

Used devices : GS308e, GS116ev2, Synology 423+, 

* I can use iptime a2004se too. 

homeNET_EN.png

The end goal is for multiple PCs in Room 1 to access the NAS on a network box inside the house. At the same time, the Internet should also be available. Importantly, I want to connect to the NAS using SMB multichannel.

I confirmed that I can use SMB multichannel by connecting the two LANs coming from the wall of the room directly to the PC.

However, when I connect the two LANs coming out of the wall to the GS116ev2 as shown in the picture, everything seems to not work because there are two IPs coming in. I would like to know how to solve this. I would appreciate if you could tell me how to set it up in GS116E v2.

I appreciate it. 

Best,

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Using 2 switching hub access nas from sevaral PC

Hello @Junwoo, Welcome to the Netgear community!

Two challenges are coming together here:

1. The PCs and the NAS you connect for SMB 3.0 Multichannel must be individual Ethernet links, with no LAG or virtual switch the like configured.

2. As we talk of two switches, you can't link these with parallel Ethernet connections, there is no magic multilink-support for connecting two switches - network loops, or loop prevention port shutdowns are predictable (in absence of a spanning-tree implementation). No other way but configure a LAG for the multi-link connections between the to switches connecting the two rooms.

Does this help?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements