× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which switch would you recommend me to implement an NDI network?

JFDomercq
Follower

Which switch would you recommend me to implement an NDI network?

Hello!!

I need to find a switch to implement an NDI network with 20 ports minimum, with at least 1 port 10GBase-T and another 10Gb connection. It would be great to have POE+ on all (or some) Gb Ports.

¿Could you recommend me a specific model?

Newtek posted these requirements for the NDI networks:

Managed Switch Settings

• Available mDNS
  • Available IGMPv3
  • For Managed switches, allow the following configurations: 
    • DISABLE Quality of Service
    • DISABLE Jumbo Frames
    • ENABLE Flow Control as Asymmetrical or simply as On (required for TCP data transfer
    using versions prior to NDI® 3.5)
    • ENABLE IGMP Snooping if using multicast (mDNS is automatically blocked by many
    switches when snooping is enabled—refer to documentation from your switch vendor)
    • CONFIGURE IGMP Querier and Query Interval for each switch in multi-switch networks
    when using multicast
Message 1 of 2
NeilS
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Which switch would you recommend me to implement an NDI network?

Hi...

The M4250 switch series would be perfect as the AV UI includes a pre-defined profile for NDI, and will automatically create the required settings.

This would be the M4250-26G4XF-PoE+ (GSM4230PX).

The GSM4230PX includes 24 x 1G ports with PoE+ (480W budget), 2 x 1G non PoE ports, and 4 x 10G SFP+ fibre ports.

Data Sheet: https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/switches/M4250.pdf

Note: If you require 10GBase-T support, there is an AXM765 SFP+ to RJ45 transceiver available, with connectivity up to 30 m (98 feet) distance.

If greater 10GBase-T distance required, an alternative is the M4300-28G-PoE+ (GSM4328PA) which includes 24 x PoE+ ports (480W), 2 x 10G independent copper ports, and 2 x 10G independent SFP+ fibre ports.

The M4300 doesn't include the AV UI with pre-defined profile, but is fully certified for NDI.

Data Sheet: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/M4300.pdf

Thank you...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements