× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear manged switch m4250

BlueSky22
Follower

netgear manged switch m4250

Hi,

I want to create link aggregation between three switches using Command line interface. On Netgear M4250 These are my commands are they correct :

(Switch A)

BlueSky22_1-1687399837576.png

(Switch B)(that will be connecting to both switches)

BlueSky22_2-1687399914000.pngBlueSky22_3-1687399951328.png

(Switch C)

BlueSky22_4-1687399999818.png

Also do I need to add these commands if yes, then where should I add them (should it be active for all the switches please give example how should i add them in each switch configuration, and after which command also it says "the command is applicable only to physical interfaces" so i need to connect the switches before adding these commands)?

BlueSky22_5-1687400043915.png

thanks

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: netgear manged switch m4250

@BlueSky22 wrote:

Also do I need to add these commands if yes, then where should I add them (should it be active for all the switches please give example how should i add them in each switch configuration, ...

With the config commands, you are working on the active, hot running configuration. Watch your steps, or consider to use the much more user friendly Web UI instead of going the CLI adventure. For an academic project or a learning curve, you need to be prepared to do mistakes, correct things, or undo config changes from time to time.

Once you are convinced you like to keep the applied config, you need to write the config changes applied to the NVRAM:

write memory

Use this command to save running configuration changes to NVRAM so that the changes you make will persist across a reboot

@BlueSky22 wrote:

..and after which command also it says "the command is applicable only to physical interfaces" so i need to connect the switches before adding these commands)?

No. This want to tell the user that the command is valid for physical interfaces only, e.g. not for a LAG (what makes up a logical interface).

PS. The beauty of a CLI is that it works with text, please consider to use copy-paste text () instead of posting hard to read terminal screenshots. Instead of a simple Paragraph, you could use the Preformatted format for each fragment. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements