Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

SD card thumbnails

jettenj
Aspirant

SD card thumbnails

When I add photos from my Iphone I do see manageable thumbnails in the Meural app.

When I insert a SD card with JPG's they are displayed wel. However, when e.g. starting a SD card based playlist I do not see thumbnails that would allow selection of a certain picture. Also on my phone app I do not see these thumbnails. During forum reads I saw that although the thumbnail format is specified, it is not necessary to add or upload them separately. Besides, the sample images do have picture thumnails. Why not the pictures from the SD card. What do I need to do to show them on my screen and/or in the app.

Message 1 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: SD card thumbnails

Hello @jettenj ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you would information on how to use an SD card with your Meural Canvas. The SD card must be formatted in a way that is compatible with your Meural Canvas. The works added to your SD card must also follow specific formatting guidelines. Listed below are the recommended compatible format configurations to get you started with successfully storing and displaying the works on your Meural Canvas. 

Thumbnails must be 120 pixels x 68 pixels for horizontal images and 68 pixels x 120 pixels for vertical. Thumbnail names must be formatted as the following:

• [filename].[filetype].thumb

To use your SD card as a storage option it needs to be formatted in one of the following formats:

1.  FAT32.
  2.  exFAT. 
  3. ext4.
  • In addition, the memory cards can have a maximum capacity of 512 GB and must be formatted.

On your SD card you can create up to four folders, each folder is considered a playlist. The folders on your SD card must be named the following (The folder names are case-sensitive):

1. meural1
  2. meural2
  3. meural3
  4. meural4 

The photos that are stored on your SD card must be formatted as one of the compatible formats listed below:

1.  .jpg
  2.  .jpeg
  3.  .png
  4.  .bmp
  5.  .svg
  6.  .gif
  7.  .avi
  8.  .mkv
  9.  .mp4
  10.  .mov
  11.  .heic

For additional information on the recommended format for your SD card please visit the link below:

How do I add images or videos to a memory card for my Meural? - NETGEAR Support

Best, 

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
jettenj
Aspirant

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for this detailed answer. However, it does not answer my question.

I want to see thumbnails with a small image of the photos on my SD card to allow me to move to a certain picture.

The present thumbnails are all blank. The same is true for the iphone app.

Message 3 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @jettenj ,

Thanks for the additional information in regards to the reported issue! 

Please try the following to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Please ensure that your Meural app is updated by removing the app then reinstall it from your app store. 
  2. Then, Ensure your Meural Canvas is on the most recent firmware by navigating to settings>CANVAS DETAILS>Software Update.
  3. If the issues is still present, please try removing your SD card then perform a factory reset on your Meural Canvas. 
  4. After completing the factory reset insert your SD card into your Meural Canvas then power it on. 

Best,

Kevin 

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
jettenj
Aspirant

Ok, I will try that although it seems unlikely that a new canvas with up to date software would need a factory reset.

Message 5 of 6
jettenj
Aspirant

Besides is it possible to show me a sample of a screen where the thumbnails from a SD card a visible?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays