Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX30 Services

RajkrishanS
Tutor

CAX30 Services

I’m experiencing issues with my Netgear modem, specifically related to Security, Port Triggering, ReadyShare, Dynamic addressing, and MediaShare. Enabling any of these services results in a significant drop in speed, ranging from 50% to a maximum of 96.13%. Additionally, changing my public IP address, as suggested by Netgear without specific instructions, triggers DoS attack alerts from Armor. I’m seeking guidance on adjusting these settings without compromising encryption or triggering security alerts. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Regarding the purported DoS attacks thwarted, it’s quite amusing really. I took matters into my own hands by delving into the system files, specifically C:\Windows\System32\host, and deftly edited them using a trusty notepad to add domains I wished to block, thus preempting potential attacks. As for configuring my interfaces and DNS servers, I vaguely recall employing a netsh command. However, what’s truly intriguing is the recurring issues seem to stem from malfunctioning Netgear tools. Remarkably, upon replicating the setup using third-party security software and employing the command prompt, I encountered no hitches whatsoever. Notably, my port forwarding endeavors with Netgear have been seamless. Currently 835.1 Mbps for the Sony PS5 under non-optimal circumstances for testing!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable Armor? 

Message 2 of 7
RajkrishanS
Tutor

I have not gone that far but the device has performed well since I took off the settings I had for those services mentioned and as of yesterday I better readded the same security services including rerouting my port 53, 80, 8080, and 8888 in bound to port 433 for my ps5 and phone and the majority of the new settings via cmd pmt armed with blogs and chatgpt!
Message 3 of 7
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Regarding the purported DoS attacks thwarted, it’s quite amusing really. I took matters into my own hands by delving into the system files, specifically C:\Windows\System32\host, and deftly edited them using a trusty notepad to add domains I wished to block, thus preempting potential attacks. As for configuring my interfaces and DNS servers, I vaguely recall employing a netsh command. However, what’s truly intriguing is the recurring issues seem to stem from malfunctioning Netgear tools. Remarkably, upon replicating the setup using third-party security software and employing the command prompt, I encountered no hitches whatsoever. Notably, my port forwarding endeavors with Netgear have been seamless. Currently 835.1 Mbps for the Sony PS5 under non-optimal circumstances for testing!
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 7
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Message 6 of 7
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats