Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices keep popping up in my Netgear RBK50 network

NGNewbie
Star

Devices keep popping up in my Netgear RBK50 network

Hi,

Something called C2 Development keeps popping up in my network devices. I toggle the switch to off and the next day a couple of new ones with the same name pop up again. The Netgear app labels this "C2 Development" device as a Computer. 

It seems to have started broadly after I renewed ARMOR subscription but I cant be certain. 

Does anyone know/has encountered a similar situation?

Many thanks and kind regards

Message 1 of 2
rinthos
Luminary

Re: Devices keep popping up in my Netgear RBK50 network

While the name might be coming from Armor if it detects it that way, I've never seen it 'make up' anything.  Anything that shows up is actually a device somewhere on the network, or at least at some point in time.

Look at the MAC Address or IP address it shows, and see what device you can trace it back to.  My guess it's a different name, likely for a Smart Home device (perhaps a light, wall charger, or other device).  

@NGNewbie wrote:

Hi,

Something called C2 Development keeps popping up in my network devices. I toggle the switch to off and the next day a couple of new ones with the same name pop up again. The Netgear app labels this "C2 Development" device as a Computer. 

It seems to have started broadly after I renewed ARMOR subscription but I cant be certain. 

Does anyone know/has encountered a similar situation?

Many thanks and kind regards

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7