Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Getting Started with Netgear Armor

subarctic
Guide

Getting Started with Netgear Armor

Hello Everyone.

I've had a Netgear Orbi for a while now, and I've had almost entirely positive expriences with it.  

My current antivirus software subscription on my Macs (Intego) is about to expire, and I'm planning on trying out Netgear Armor and the associated Bitdefender antivirus on all of my devices.

I understand that Armor's focus is the router.  But, since I also plan on installing the device-level software, do I need to unistall my old antivirus software first?  

"Back in the day," I recall changing over antivirus software to be a messy hassle, and unstalling the old stuff to be painful.  Is that still a step that I need to take?  Or can I just turn off all of the scanning features and leave it installed?  I'd prefer just to leave the old stuff installed, but turned off--especially since I'm not ruling out re-subcribing to Intego if I don't like Armor/Bitdefender after experimenting with the free trial.

I've read as much as I can online about Armor, and it looks like a solid solution.  But I'd be interested in anything that the community thinks I should know before trying it out.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 4
subarctic
Guide

I have just reposted it there, thank you for directing me to that forum

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@subarctic wrote:

I've read as much as I can online about Armor, and it looks like a solid solution.  But I'd be interested in anything that the community thinks I should know before trying it out.

@FURRYe38is right that you are more likely to get informed responses from people who use Armor by posting in the community forum where all they discuss is Armor.  I have never activated it. And, most of the posts seen in this "general Orbi" forum seem to be from people who have "issues" or who cannot remove it.  People who use it might be more enthusiastic and have advice on how to transition.

I personally think you are exactly right on one question. It has never been a good idea to run two anti-virus solutions on the same computer.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7