Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 to RBR50

Bathonelli
Follower

RBR50 to RBR50

Hi,

I have a property where we don’t have phone signal so we use the wifi calling on our mobiles. I have the following Orbi. RBR50; RBS50; RBS50; RBS50. I have a spare RBR50, is it possible to add this to the network and use it as a satellite by hardwire?

thanks for any help you can offer.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jeffgear
Luminary

Re: RBR50 to RBR50

I’d also recommend keeping it as a cold standby spare with a copy of the current configuration on in. It may also help with future troubleshooting as you can swap it out to see if any issues return. Also if a firmware update on the active unit goes pair shaped you can revert back to the spare unit and rebuild the bricked one. I’m tempted to by an RBR and RBS in the sale as cold spares if they get discounted in an end of life sale.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It won't function as a satellite. You can hardwire it in and run it in AP mode but it won't integrate with the system. 

If you don't mind a chance of bricking it, there was a method you might be able to find on google (not the official site) that let you convert a rbr to a rbs. But again, you stand a decent chance of bricking the device. 

Versus just keep it for a backup option. 

Message 2 of 3
Jeffgear
Luminary

I’d also recommend keeping it as a cold standby spare with a copy of the current configuration on in. It may also help with future troubleshooting as you can swap it out to see if any issues return. Also if a firmware update on the active unit goes pair shaped you can revert back to the spare unit and rebuild the bricked one. I’m tempted to by an RBR and RBS in the sale as cold spares if they get discounted in an end of life sale.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series