Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows Defender, ClamXAV, Nord VPN

Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Windows Defender, ClamXAV, Nord VPN

I have the latest firmware version and have MacBook Pros and Windows 10 computers used daily on my WiFi network. The Windows 10 computers use Miscrosoft Defender, while the MacBooks use ClamXAV. NordVPN is also used occasionally when surfing the Web for on-line shopping. 

Q1 - If I go ahead and install Armor, does it mean I a must first disable Defender on the Windows 10 computers; and delete ClamXAV on the Macs?

Q2 - What about NordVPN - will this conflict with Armor? Note that NordVPN is not installed on the router but only on the Macs.

Q3 - Once I install Armor, am I to expect any significant performance deterioration in 4K video streaming?

Thank you for your help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Windows Defender, ClamXAV, Nord VPN

Hi @Orbi-Roc, Armor can work alongside your installed AV's since it does its' check on the router side. There has been no report that it causes issues with VPN's and it shouldn't be an issue. Also, there shouldn't be any performance hit on your streaming services.

Message 2 of 5
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thank you @DexterJB , much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

I just installed Armor on my Orbi. The installation/activation went without any issue whatsoever. So I'm happy so far and look forward to the ability to flag trusted devices as such in order to reduce the notifications to devices other than 'trusted devices.'

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Good to know! Please let us know if you encounter any issue with any of the features.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7