Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Failed to Activate Captive Portal in Netgear Insight

Sololion
Aspirant

Failed to Activate Captive Portal in Netgear Insight

I am setting a WiFi network with organization-wide SSID enabled.

When I try to enable the Captive Portal, an error message "Only alphanumeric characters and special characters !"#$%&'()*+,-.\/:;<=>?@[]^_`{|}~ are allowed", no matter what characters I input in the Redirect URL field. 

Sololion_0-1705910494369.png

I have tried to input "http://www.netgear.com" with the same error message display. May I enquire if I have set anything wrongly?

Many thanks,

Sololion

#Insight_Pro

Message 1 of 12
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Failed to Activate Captive Portal in Netgear Insight

Hi @Sololion,

This is the first time seeing this problem, can you reattach the picture or try to reconfigure it all over again by following the steps from this article and video guide?

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 12
schumaku
Guru

This message looks more like an input check for the SSID, the wireless name than related to the captive portal URL. Any strange wireless name in place?

Message 3 of 12
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sololion,

Does the same error pop up when you try to enable the said feature on another SSID? Maybe try making a test one and see if the same issue persists.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 12
Sololion
Aspirant

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

I have set another SSID for using the basic captive portal, and the same error message comes out. 

No special characters were used in the SSID.

I have also attached the screen shot in this post. 

Message 5 of 12
Sololion
Aspirant

With further testing, the captive portal setup completes with no error message if no EULA is included. In fact, my original EULA does not include any special character, and within 1000 character limit. Seems I have to give up this at the moment.

Message 6 of 12
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sololion,

Thanks for the update. You can open a new thread so we can further look in the issue you encounter using your original EULA for the captive portal.

Kind regards,

Message 7 of 12
Sololion
Aspirant

Hi @BrianL 

Really thanks for your previous advices.

I have further go through a checking on my EULA, and discovered that the portal declines any special characters listed in the error message be included in my EULA. 

In another word, the system allows my to use "By using the WiFi service provided by our organization" as my EULA, but prohibits me to use "By using the WiFi service provided by our organization,". The last "comma" trigger the error message. Maybe this is a bug?

Message 8 of 12
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sololion,

Let me try on my end and let you know if I will get the same result.

Kind regards,

Message 9 of 12
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sololion,

I have encountered the same when I tried to test it. I will check with our Insight team regarding this and in the meantime, kindly submit an Idea (Feature Request) here.

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 12
Sololion
Aspirant

Hi @BrianL 

Really appreciate for your help. I have summited an Idea (Feature Request) as suggested.

Message 11 of 12
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Sololion,

Great then! You may also want to contact our support team and report this issue that we both encountered. 

Kind regards,

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements