Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC110P Going Intermittently Offline

MattSellors
Aspirant

GC110P Going Intermittently Offline

I have a network 95% managed by Netgear Insight switches. It’s a GC728XP smart switch at the centre, with 4 nodes with a GC110P at each end. On 2 of the nodes are wifi WAC510. There are another 2 WAC510 connected to the central GC728XP.

The issue is every few days, one of the GC110P and it’s   WAC510 goes off line for about 60 secs. Then all comes on line. I'm assuming that the GC110P reboots and stops feeding power to the WAC510, but cant work out why. I'm thinking it might be some sort of network conflict or loop that is causing an issue. The network hasn’t changed recently and this problem only started a few weeks back.

I'm a home user so not very technical. Thanks for any help.

Model: GC110P|8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE App Managed Smart Cloud Switch w/2 SFP Fiber Ports, GC728XP|Insight Managed 28-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Cloud Switch with 2 SFP and 2 SFP+ Fiber Ports, WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GC110P Going Intermittently Offline

@MattSellors,

Finding a loop on a network is pretty easy but it is time-consuming because you need to reconnect all your cables one at a time and find if there are 2 connections coming from the same device that goes into the switch. Another thing is if there is no loop, it is also possible that there is faulty hardware that floods the switch that causes it to reboot.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@MattSellors,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with the GC110P that cause it to reboot automatically. May I know if the switches are running on the latest firmware version? GC110P has a power budget of 62W, which means it can handle your 2 WAC510. Have you checked if there are any loops that cause the switch to stop working?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
MattSellors
Aspirant

Thanks John! With my limited (zero...) knowledge on this, I think a loop is most likely. Can that be caused by the wifi access points? Is there any way of diagnosing a loop? Cheers! Matt

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@MattSellors,

Finding a loop on a network is pretty easy but it is time-consuming because you need to reconnect all your cables one at a time and find if there are 2 connections coming from the same device that goes into the switch. Another thing is if there is no loop, it is also possible that there is faulty hardware that floods the switch that causes it to reboot.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements