Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Pro and WAC510 Driving Me Bloody Mad

koreainsincere
Follower

Insight Pro and WAC510 Driving Me Bloody Mad

What is it with these stupid access points? Wasted hours on this. Bought 3 identical devices, first one was setup okay in the app after a lot of messing around and works fine, new wi-fi network and internet no problem. You'd think then it would be a piece of cake to install the other two wouldn't you? I cannot get them to register in the app, it finds them but just says waiting for first connect then device not registered or error communicating. They both have a network IP address which I can ping but I cannot now access the management web page. Tried upgrading the firmware in standalone mode, no difference. These things are a pile of rubbish! If I connect a laptop directly to the points through the LAN port it gives me internet! What is happening here? No easy way to factory reset the damn things either. Not happy. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. Otherwise they wil be launched out of the window.

Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Insight Pro and WAC510 Driving Me Bloody Mad

@koreainsincere,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We do apologize for the experience that you had with our WAC510 access points. It would be best if you will raise your concern to our support team so that they can help you resolve your issue immediately and help you with your concern. You may create a ticket here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Alex301
Initiate

Re: Insight Pro and WAC510 Driving Me Bloody Mad

Hello, were you ever able to solve this? I am having the same issue and it's driving me mad! They were working too until they just stop all the sudden. Now when I try to re add them it just says waiting for first connect and when I click into them it gives me a device not registered message, even though I just registered it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements