Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight app for Mac says my device is compromised....

dinosoar1
Aspirant

Insight app for Mac says my device is compromised....

Been using the Insight app on my iPhone for a while. Just installed Insight on my MacBook Pro and upon launch, the window in the attached image appears and I'm unable to use the app. I'm running a MacBook Pro M1 Max with Sonoma 14.3. I can't imagine how my device can be compromised, as I take all the precautions available to me -- Firewall and FileVault are On and my network has a difficult password.

Message 1 of 8
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Insight app for Mac says my device is compromised....

Hi @dinosoar1,

Can you share a screenshot of this pop-up or error message?

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 8
dinosoar1
Aspirant

Hi. Yes, it was attached at the bottom of my post.

Message 3 of 8
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dinosoar1,

Let me check this with our Insight team and keep you posted on updates.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 8
Music-IT
Aspirant

I have tested the Insight App om my MacBook Pro M1 almost a year ago and for me it never worked.
I can only recommend to use a browser for Insight on a Mac as the GUI is more computer oriented instead of the small display's we have on our smart hones. And the portal is more stable/reliable than the App.

p.s If you try the iOS Netgear Mobile App on a Apple Silicon Mac you will also see nice issues like a rotated interface 😉 So just don't use the Netgear iOS App's on a Mac as ....

Rgds
Rob

Message 5 of 8
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Music-IT,

Thanks for your response. I agree as the Insight app is intended for iOS. On macOS, for the best experience, please use the Insight web portal by visiting insight.netgear.com in your web browser.

@dinosoar1,

We will check on this internally.

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 8
dinosoar1
Aspirant

Thank you all for your responses. Checking the App Store, I now see the banner alerting that only iOS apps are displayed, when searching for "Netgear." I've deleted the app and can now rest content in the knowledge that my Mac is actually NOT compromised! 😁 Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
BrianL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dinosoar1,

Thanks for sharing this as this may help other Apple users (I almost forgot that apps and the ones that you previously downloaded might appear) that you might be able to download apps that are only available for iOS. It's also a good thing and a sight of relief to know that there's nothing wrong with our MAC.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements