Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight mgmt - Moving devices from a stand alone insight subscription to an multiple sites account

dpeavey
Follower

Insight mgmt - Moving devices from a stand alone insight subscription to an multiple sites account

I have a client that started with 1 location 4 years ago. 

We are steadily adding locations, up to 7 now with anywhwere from 1 to 10 wap510, 610, and 620 units per site.

We want to change everything to single defined SSID's and other settings.

When in insight, I can start to add a device thats set up on an existing account. But it does say I will lose any information/settings that I have when its moved over to the new account.

So even within insight, it appears that every location I add is distinctly different  - ie: independent with respect to settings for security, SSID's and so on. 

Wish there were a way to globally set these from an existing Location to a new location such as "Clone Location" which would allow any devices added to a new location to follow the standard protocols, yet maintain them in a seperate location so I can troubleshoot ny location as needed.

Does anyone know if this will work? 

Message 1 of 2
RennaD
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Insight mgmt - Moving devices from a stand alone insight subscription to an multiple sites ac...

Hello @dpeavey,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

At the moment it is not possible to copy location configuration from one Insight account to another Insight account. What's possible is to copy the configuration from a location to another location within the same account. To do this click the gear icon at the upper right portion of the page and select Copy Configuration.

This is however a good feature to have. I would suggest to submit a feature request to the link below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Business/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-business

Have a lovely day,
RennaD
NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements