Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need CPU Memory, and radio oids for WAC510.

pujajha
Follower

Need CPU Memory, and radio oids for WAC510.

Need CPU Memory, and radio oids for WAC510. I got a mib but for radio value not a single oid is valid. I also get the oids on observium for WAC510. I have also used that with valid indexes but they are also ot working. Please help me. I need this at urgent basis.Here is the link for observium page.

https://mibs.observium.org/mib/WAC510/ 

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 1 of 9
schumaku
Guru

The MIB file isn't the problem ... you can fetch the MIBs for the WC510 from the https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WAC510.aspx -> Downloads -> Firmware -> show previous versions

Something happened to the WAC505/510/540/564 SNMP implementation since. All the Netgear private MIB content .1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.100.7 disappeared and is no longer available.

Last firmware where these OID used to be available was about 8.2.1.16, that's also the last version an SNMP MIB file was provided.

Message 2 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@RaghuHR please

Message 3 of 9
Vanshika-ag
Aspirant

Yes,i need memory oid for my configs. can anyone please me to provide so, i can move forward.

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Understand your concern about the lack of a workable SNMP environment (not maching the specs). However, ... seriusly ... what's the real use of this information? Have almost 500 WAC5xx in the field and never missed this information.

Message 5 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Vanshika-ag / @pujajha,

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and just got a feedback. According to them, only system MIBs are only supported as of now. 

It was suggested that you can post your concern as feature request on the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  In this way, the development team can see what feature does users wanted to be added to the functionality of the WAC510.  Be reminded that the more kudos given by other community members to your feature request will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and might get considered to be implemented.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
Vanshika-ag
Aspirant

Thanks 

@DaneA 

Message 7 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA wrote:

According to them, only system MIBs are only supported as of now. 

This does not make any sense - and is not an acceptable answer..

@DaneA wrote:

It was suggested that you can post your concern as feature request on the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  In this way, the development team can see what feature does users wanted to be added to the functionality of the WAC510

Since day one of these WAC models, Netgear does offer the private MIB defining WAC505, WAC510, WAC540 and 564. Together with the data sheed showing SNMP support, this is a binding promise - and a part of the sales contract. This is not a wish - this is a feature already part of the offering (and yes, it was certainly workable in the early days...!

@YeZ 

Message 8 of 9
rex_pugh
Initiate

Add my vote to re-instating the Private MIB support.... 

You cant take away a feature that people based their purchase decision upon....

Rex 🙂

Model: WAC510 Insight Managed Access Point, WAC505 Insight Managed Access Point
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements