Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is this a bug in the Orbi Smart Parental Controls?

Is this a bug in the Orbi Smart Parental Controls?

Hi!

When Orbi introduced the Smart Parental Controls I placed my daughter's devices into a group. Everything else, by default, resides in a group named "Home" (with 74 devices in it).

I've just gone to remove a device from my daughter's group - the only way to do this is to move it to Home. However, when I try and save it, it doesn't allow me as my Home group has more than 20 devices and is therefore part of the Premium option.

So... the question is, is it possible for me to remove this device without paying for the premium parental controls? If not, this seems like a bug to me. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

(It appears that no one has a response to the question.  Having never enabled any form of Parental Controls, my suggestion is probably not worth much....)

Can you create another group that has the same lack of restrictions as the Home Group and move the daughter's device to it?

Message 2 of 3

I was able to resolve by joining up for the free trial - it then allowed me to move it.

My guess is that once the trial is over I'll be in the same position, potentially, in future, so it will be in my interests to place all devices in the home group and leave them there. What this means though is that the non-premium option to manage 2 device groups is broken. How do we communicate this to Netgear?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7