Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MR60 - Parental Controls Stooped Working. Can't turn off wifi to devices.

elizarrj
Aspirant

MR60 - Parental Controls Stooped Working. Can't turn off wifi to devices.

I have a MR60 Mesh.  I subscribe to the Armor Security and Parental Controls.  All was fine for a few weeks, and then the Parental Controls Stopped working.  My son is able to use the internet after we supposedly stop it at 9:00 p.m.  Some other weird things.  I can turn off his laptop, but the Nighthawk client says it is still on.  If I disable all devices, the devices still has access to the internet.  If I use the web client on my laptop, it is constantly asking for my cedentials.   I have an Mr60 firmware v1.1.7.134

Message 1 of 4

Re: MR60 - Parental Controls Stooped Working. Can't turn off wifi to devices.

Did you also ask the folks in the PC section?

Circle Smart Parental Controls - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Otherwise:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Nighthawk-App/td-p/2134684...

@elizarrj wrote:

I have a MR60 Mesh.  I subscribe to the Armor Security and Parental Controls.  All was fine for a few weeks, and then the Parental Controls Stopped working.  My son is able to use the internet after we supposedly stop it at 9:00 p.m.  Some other weird things.  I can turn off his laptop, but the Nighthawk client says it is still on.  If I disable all devices, the devices still has access to the internet.  If I use the web client on my laptop, it is constantly asking for my cedentials.   I have an Mr60 firmware v1.1.7.134

Message 3 of 4
elizarrj
Aspirant

I had to do a factory reset to resolve my issue.  Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7