Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750 Smart Parental Controls not working (bedtime)

Mandiliv
Follower

RBR 750 Smart Parental Controls not working (bedtime)

I have had my Orbi system for about a month. With kids on holiday break, I kept noticing my Smart Parental Controls are not functioning entirely. Profiles are set. Devices are assigned. I get history info and see usage times. BUT, the bedtime is not functioning. The internet is not pausing for the devices in the profiles.

I’m new to Netgear land. I came from Google Wifi. Please be patient with me as I’m learning this more robust system.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 750 Smart Parental Controls not working (bedtime)

Have you set up some IP address reservations ON the RBR for the devices your trying to control? 

https://kb.netgear.com/24091/How-do-I-reserve-a-LAN-IP-address-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Message 2 of 5
mywifi101
Guide

@Mandiliv wrote:
I have had my Orbi system for about a month. With kids on holiday break, I kept noticing my Smart Parental Controls are not functioning entirely. Profiles are set. Devices are assigned. I get history info and see usage times. BUT, the bedtime is not functioning. The internet is not pausing for the devices in the profiles.

I’m new to Netgear land. I came from Google Wifi. Please be patient with me as I’m learning this more robust system.

I have been having issues also with parental controls, mine do not funtion at all. I am unable to see any history on any device. I am also unable to pause any device whether it is time based or selecting to pause a device from the app.

For the comment about setting static IPs it does not make a difference in any of the results. It does not work.

Since you should be under 90 day support I would recommend contacting Netgear. I have had mine for almost a year. Hopefully a mod can see this and provide us input.

RBR750

V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

Message 3 of 5
mywifi101
Guide

@Mandiliv wrote:

For those who are encountering this issue:
After I factory reset my device SPC is working correctly again. I am able to pause and see device history.

Note: If you backup your device settings, you will need to restore them prior to activating SPC though the Orbi app. I performed device setup through a web browser and then reconfigure the Orbi app to activate SPC.

Message 4 of 5
Palvyre
Aspirant

Are your bedtimes working? If I manually pause it works, but the bedtimes aren't doing anything.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7