× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Admin Page vs ReadyCLOUD vs RAIDar?

Mauser69
Tutor

Admin Page vs ReadyCLOUD vs RAIDar?

I have always used the Admin Page to interact with and configure my RN214, but I keep seeing references to ReadyCLOUD and RAIDar - both of which I have totally ignored until now.  I have done several searches, but I do not find anything that contrasts these three options for system management.  I have had absolutely no problems using the Admin Page, so I do not want to just waste time testing the other two options if there is nothing to be gained.

Are there any particular differences I should know (or care) about?  Is there any reason to choose one over the other two?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Mauser69 wrote:

Is there any reason to choose one over the other two?

Only convenience of access.  

RAIDar discovers the IP address of the NAS, so it is useful if you don't know what it is. Then it launches https://ip-address/admin for you.  Of course RAIDar also has the diagnostic function, so it is good to have it installed.  But I don't run it very often.

ReadyCloud lets you access the NAS admin page when you are away from home.  I don't use ReadyCloud myself - I use OpenVPN for remote access, with a fallback of using either TeamViewer or Google's RemoteDesktop to connect via an always-on home PC.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Mauser69 wrote:

Is there any reason to choose one over the other two?

Only convenience of access.  

RAIDar discovers the IP address of the NAS, so it is useful if you don't know what it is. Then it launches https://ip-address/admin for you.  Of course RAIDar also has the diagnostic function, so it is good to have it installed.  But I don't run it very often.

ReadyCloud lets you access the NAS admin page when you are away from home.  I don't use ReadyCloud myself - I use OpenVPN for remote access, with a fallback of using either TeamViewer or Google's RemoteDesktop to connect via an always-on home PC.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements