× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cheap HDD for Ultra 2?

readynas123
Aspirant

Cheap HDD for Ultra 2?

I've been researching for a new 2tb HDD to suit a Ultra 2 that im buying. Is there any HDD's available under $200 for the Ultra 2 from any Australian supliers? The cheapest i can find is a Western Digital WD2002FAEX for $215, which seems a bit extreme when 2tb HDD's for the DUO V2 start at $123.
Message 1 of 4
readynas123
Aspirant

Re: Cheap HDD for Ultra 2?

Good luck to anyone trying to find a compatible HDD for the ultra 2, majority of the HDD's on the compatibility list are out dated and no longer sold or rediculously dear. How about testing some of the newer HDD models being made and updating the compatibility list.
Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can get compatible Hitachi drives for well under $200 in Australia.
Message 3 of 4
readynas123
Aspirant

I've seen heaps of hitachi desk star HDDs fail at the IT repair shop where i work, see seagate and western digitals fail too but no where near as many Hitachi desk star. I want to buy a 2tb western digital or seagate but none of our suppliers or other retailers stock any of the seagate or WD drives on the compatibility list except for 2 which are over $200. Theres heaps of 2tb drives available just very little that are on the list, some of the models are similar like WD20EARX and WD20EARS or WD30EZRS and WD30EZRX but unless the model are exacly the same as on the compatibility list there's no guarentee it will work and no support.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements