× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Difficult registration

Mariondl
Follower

Difficult registration

It took me quite a while to register. At the end there was a question which I did not understand. It had somthing to do with a 'Vader'. I finaly found what it was about, looking at the internet. And in the end I even found the answer there. I hope this is not done to ban people that are from a different culture, or even from countries that do not have starwars on TV every night? Please, a question concerning more common knowledge
Message 1 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Difficult registration

I'm not a moderator on the forum and I'm not a Star Wars fan. I didn't know the answer to one of the security questions and also needed to search for it. I did not think it was discriminatory, and I certainly don't believe the intention of any security question is to make access more difficult for any particular group of people.
I think whatever question is posed for security may present some difficulty to some users.

I think you will find that you are welcomed to the forum and that it will be extremely beneficial to you and your readynas user experience.
Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The aim is not to prevent genuine users from registering, the questions are there to make it harder for spammers to register. There are a few different security questions that are asked at random. The current group of questions has been quite effective at limiting the number of registrations from spammers.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 3 of 5
chirpa
Luminary

When I was running the site, the only question was 'who makes readynas?' with valid answers of infrant or netgear. Since then, OOM-9 added other Star Wars questions for Luke and Vader. Agreed, that these are not in the same realm as this product specific forum, and a large portion of the planet has not seen Star Wars (*gasp*).
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

O.K. I just changed the question. Hopefully the spambots don't figure this one out easily but it's easier for genuine users
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements