× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: On a scale from "pining for the fjords" to"pushing up daisies", exactly how

freibooter
Star

On a scale from "pining for the fjords" to"pushing up daisies", exactly how dead is ReadyNAS?

It has been  over 15 months since the last  feature update of ReadyNAS OS 6 has been released with only two minor bugfix releases since.

No more public betas since.

No more ReadyNAS related videos on Netgear's official Youtube channel for the last 2+ years.

No  new ReadyNAS product releases or even announced.

Absolutely no announcements  of any kind, soft- or hardware.

Deafening silence all around.

It certainly looks like Netgear's ReadyNAS division is no more.  It   has ceased to be. It 's expired and gone to meet its maker ...

Could someone prove me wrong, please?

Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

I have no inside information.  However, based on the age of the underlying Debian distro, I expect Netgear is working on a release that will update that.  That would be a major effort, quite possibly extended by the COVID-19 crisis.  And while that may not be the next update, it would still take a lot of resources away from anything else.

Message 2 of 3
freibooter
Star

I whish that were true. Sadly, given the total lack of new hardware releases or announcements, I don't think that's the case.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements