× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud doesn't connect to remote NAS

dmkeng
Aspirant

ReadyCloud doesn't connect to remote NAS

Hi All, I am not getting any help from Netgear tech support (I paid for 5 years but they don't honor that anymore) and am hoping somebody on this forum can help.  Last week a power dropout shutdown my Win10 computer.  Ever since then I cannot connect to my RN102 that is located remotely.  The RN102 is online but says VPN Disconnected.  I can connect to it using my laptop or my phone, both remotely.  At Netgear's suggestion I tried turning off then on the ReadyCloud service under the Cloud tab on the Admin page.  I tried restarting the NAS and also uninstalling and re-installing the ReadyCloud desktop app, all without success.  I have no antivirus other than Windows Defender.  I tried temporarily turning that off also without success.

I suspect a corrupted file or registry entry since the re-installation of the app remembered my username and password.  There is a folder without any entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NETGEAR\ReadyNAS Remote.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud doesn't connect to remote NAS

@dmkeng

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried accessing via ReadyCloud portal? readycloud.netgear.com.

Have you tried recovery on your Windows 10 PC? Reinstalling the app usually resolves the issue. Can you try connecting to another Internet provider or network?

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dmkeng

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried accessing via ReadyCloud portal? readycloud.netgear.com.

Have you tried recovery on your Windows 10 PC? Reinstalling the app usually resolves the issue. Can you try connecting to another Internet provider or network?

HTH

Message 2 of 3
dmkeng
Aspirant

Hi Marc_V
Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I recovered an earlier restore point and that solved the problem.  Don't know why I didn't think of that myself.  That confirms my suspicion that the power off crash corrupted my registry.  I am annoyed with Netgear that they couldn't help me fix whatever got corrupted.  3 years ago I paid for 5 years of phone tech support.  Netgear doesn't honor that anymore.  My only option was to open a ticket and wait for an email reply.  I would typically get one very unhelpful reply a day and it was evident they hadn't read my prior messages.

Thanks again for your help!

David

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements