× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 UPS Monitoring

LrdShaper
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 UPS Monitoring

Hello,

Seeing as the 3TB disk limit is my only complain on my current NV+, I'm very very interested in the ReadyNAS NV+ v2 but the lack of network UPS monitoring concerns me.

1) Is this a feature that is planned to be added later on?
2) What version of Debian is RAIDiator 5.3.2 based on?
3) Will the latest version of NUT work?
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v2 UPS Monitoring

1) I don't know. This is a feature that multiple beta testers (including myself) would like to see added.
2) The Squeeze distribution. Is this what you mean?
3) I don't know. There are two versions of NUT in the GPL (http://www.readynas.com/gpl), I think. One is 2.0.5 and the other I think was 2.4.3.

Edit: second version of NUT in GPL is actually 2.4.3 which was released February 2010.
Message 2 of 4
LrdShaper
Aspirant

1) Thanks, good to know it's not just me
2) Yes that's what I mean, great that it's not as ancient as NV+
3) If the arm branch of RAIDiator is based on squeeze then I should be able to build and install the latest version. Or better yet, if NUT is already in the firmware, as you pointed out, then it could just be a matter of manually configuring NUT to monitor via network.

Thanks a lot for the prompt response.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes NUT is in the firmware so manual configuration may be possible (I don't think I've looked into this). I guess, you could use the configuration files on your NV+ (v1) as a guide.

One should note that though NUT 2.4.3 is in the GPL, it appears the version currently used is still the older one in the GPL, namely 2.0.5.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements