× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 312 Swapped with 8TB WD, Netgear Storage is not accessible from this computer

comicrage
Aspirant

ReadyNas 312 Swapped with 8TB WD, Netgear Storage is not accessible from this computer

HI,

I am a ReadyNas newbie, not a wiz. I got a ReadyNas Duo 312, that previously had 2 1TB SATA drives and working. I decided to buy 2 8TB SATA drives

Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB

I started up the NetGear Raidar and here is the information that it posted

Model: ReadyNAS 312

Name: mas-27-65-A0

Serial: 3C22330K01076

Status: Previously formatted disk(s) detected (Dirty Disks)

FirmwareL 6.7.5

IP Address: 192.168.168.168 (84:1B:5E:27:65:A1)

The disks installed in this ReadyNas system are formatted in a file system that the system does not recognize. You must reformat these disks in a recognized file system to continue setup. Reformatting diesk means that you will lose any data.

I clicked the Format button and typed in Destroy. I get the following error message back

"Your NETGEAR storage is not accessible from this computer. Check your network setting"

The netgear is not connected to my router,it is connected to the back of my PC which was working with the previous SATA drives.

Please help. I am stucked, frustrated, and not knowledgable on how to fix this. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 312 Swapped with 8TB WD, Netgear Storage is not accessible from this computer

You installed two new disks together, so the system did a fresh factory install.  That switched the system to use DHCP - which won't work with a direct connect.

Options are to

1. change your PC lan connection to be consistent with 192.168.168.x networks.  For instance, use static IP 192.168.168.100, with a gateway of 192.168.168.1, and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.  Then access https://192.168.168.168/admin
  2. connect the NAS to your router.
  3. power down the NAS, and install the original two disks.  Power up.  Then replace one at a time (waiting for the resync to complete on he first before hot-swapping the second).  You likely will need to reformat both of the two Ironwolfs on the volume page again, in order to trigger the resync.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements