× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 424 ReadyCloud does not show subfolders unless you are logged in as admin

Jim33875
Aspirant

ReadyNas 424 ReadyCloud does not show subfolders unless you are logged in as admin

Been using the ReadyNas 424 for a few years now in a LAN environment without any issues. Firmware is current (6.10.7).  The security is set to Local Users.  I set it up and am typically the one to perform administration.  My wife will be out of town for a couple weeks and decided to setup ReadyCloud so she can get access to her files remotely.  Simple setup, she has a folder which her local account is granted read/write and her ReadyCloud account has read/write access.  She installed the desktop app on Win10 and is able to login successfully.  When she opens up the readycloud.netgear.com client website, it displays all the shares.  However, she is unable to navigate into any subfolders for the share she is interested in.  She is able to navigate other folders.  In ReadyCloud it shows it is shared with her email account.

I did go and set the local smb permissions to include her readycloud account with full permissions.

What am I missing?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jim33875
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 424 ReadyCloud does not show subfolders unless you are logged in as admin

I have done the reset a few times after making changes. What eventually worked which I'm still scratching my head on is that we were both in the admin group.  I created a new "superusers" group for just my wife and me and then granted permissions to that group for the share and voila!  She is able to see all the sub folders now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 424 ReadyCloud does not show subfolders unless you are logged in as admin

@Jim33875 wrote:

When she opens up the readycloud.netgear.com client website, it displays all the shares.  However, she is unable to navigate into any subfolders for the share she is interested in.  She is able to navigate other folders.  In ReadyCloud it shows it is shared with her email account.

I did go and set the local smb permissions to include her readycloud account with full permissions.

Also go into the file access tab, and make sure her email account is either listed there, or that everyone has full read/write access.  After ou save that change, click on reset (left side), to make sure this is propagated to every file/subsfolder in the share.

Message 2 of 3
Jim33875
Aspirant

I have done the reset a few times after making changes. What eventually worked which I'm still scratching my head on is that we were both in the admin group.  I created a new "superusers" group for just my wife and me and then granted permissions to that group for the share and voila!  She is able to see all the sub folders now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements