× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Terrible product stability with awful product support

goatman64
Initiate

Terrible product stability with awful product support

I deployed a Ultra Pro 4 at a customer site and nearly immediately encountered issues.

1. Unit went offline and reboot brought it back to life
2. Day later unit offline again and had to work with support for a day and half to bring unit back to life. Support was nearly useless. Meantime customer is impacted for nearly 48 hours.
3. Unit now deployed as a backup rsync destination. Goes down every 5 to 7 days.

It's obviously a defective unit and I have to pay for shipping as I lack the box for return.

Never again will I purchase or recommend this product!
Message 1 of 4
Marto731
Aspirant

Terrible product stability

Goatman,
Well it is a pity that you have this experience.

Can you clarify if the unit is an Ultra 4, or a Pro 4.? They are 2 different models.

If NAS was within 28 days of purchase, it could have been returned to your reseller,
thus minimizing shipping costs.

Regards Marto
Message 2 of 4
goatman64
Initiate

Re: Terrible product stability with awful product support

You mean to say if it had failed in a more timely fashion. Ridiculous! As an independent consultant I'm the face of products I bring to customer implementations. I did my homework and read everything I could get on the ReadyNAS and it seemed like a good product. I liked the fact it wasn't based on a Microsoft OS and had a web based UI that the customer could do some self service with. I didn't have a good experience with tech support and the device has repeatedly failed since installation. The unit is a RNDP400U .. soon to be RMA. I'm hopefully that solves the stability issue.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Terrible product stability with awful product support

That's an Ultra 4 Plus.

It's standard practice for resellers to only accept returns of defective units for a short period after purchase. This will handle units that are not in a working condition on arrival.

Like all electronics some NAS units can and do fail at any time. I have found my units to be very reliable.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements