× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Who moved my cheese??

dtarin
Luminary

Who moved my cheese??

So there was a pretty good discusion going on regarding what to do with the existing readynas and maybe updating the OS on it.  

Now the post is nowhere to be found and I get ACCESS DENIED on any links to the post that I had.  Can anyone else still access?

Updating-OS-to-something-modern 

Message 1 of 13
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you mention Xpenology in it?  Just a guess, but if you did, it may have been removed since at least some of running Xpenology violates Synology's copyrights.  Netgear would probably remove it if Synology complained.

Message 2 of 13
dtarin
Luminary

I didn't but I recall it was mentioned in the thread

they were quick on the trigger for that!
Message 3 of 13
tigerten
Luminary

Not convinced that is the reason. It was mentioned before and some of those thread are still live. 

Message 4 of 13
dtarin
Luminary

Let's see what happens if you say it three times fast.

Xpenology!

Xpenology!

Xpenology!

Message 5 of 13
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @dtarin ,

Probably that would not be the reason for that. As @tigerten  mentioned few posts are still available in the community which mentioned Xpenology! 

There is also a possibility that the post might be closed due to inaccessibility or due to no response, but still, you should be able to view the post. 

Could you please recall the subject you have given to that post? If yes please mention let us check from our end.

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 6 of 13
dtarin
Luminary

Hello @AnishaA, this is the link to the post which I also can no longer find by searching. 

Updating OS to something modern 

Message 7 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Appears the post was moderated, somehow assigned into a temporary space, and not re-assigned to a live section as the 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Home-Moderated-Post/Updating-OS-to-something-modern/

Message 8 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@schumaku wrote:

Appears the post was moderated, somehow assigned into a temporary space, and not re-assigned to a live section as the 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Home-Moderated-Post/Updating-OS-to-something-modern/

Yeah, I saw that too (and passed on the info to @AnishaA ).

No idea why it would be moderated, as I didn't see anything in it that was outside of the forum guidelines.

Message 9 of 13
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello,

We are not sure why this happened. We will check from our end. We don't usually assign it to private spaces. We assign to the different agents. 

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 10 of 13
Laserbait
Luminary

@AnishaA   Any luck reviving that thread?  

Message 11 of 13
dtarin
Luminary

@AnishaA I am also wondering, what's taking so long to revive a thread that has no issues and possibly some useful info for the community?
Message 12 of 13
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @dtarin ,

The link you have provided is accessible now. Please check from your end. If not please check from the incognito tab.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Updating-OS-to-something-modern/m-p/2336... 

I hope this will be accessible now.

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements