Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can no longer access the router through the app

Ferraro41
Tutor

Can no longer access the router through the app

Not exactly sure what happened, but for some reason I can no longer access the router through the app.  When I launch the app it tries to connect....it spins and spins and lands me at the "login with your admin credentials" page.  I try that, and it once again spins and spins until it times out.....I've checked the app to ensure the local network slide bar is set correctly, I've rebooted the router several times, as well as tried setting it up as a new router...it just won't connect.   

Firmware version is V1.4.3.88_1.3.50.  FWIW, I can connect wirelessly no problem via the browser.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen or had this issue with the app? App version is the latest at least on the Apple store, v2.16.0.299

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can no longer access the router through the app

What mobile platform are you using? If iOS, be sure to turn OFF WiFi Private Address and Limit IP Address Tracking features on the Apple devices. 

Try fully signing out of the app, then log back in using your NG profile account info then try to connect to the router.

Be sure your device is connected to the wifi SSID name on the router.

Message 2 of 15
Ferraro41
Tutor

Hi...thanks so much for the quick reply!  Yes, am using iOS (sorry, should have mentioned that earlier).  I tried your suggestions, still can't connect.   i also tried deleting the app and reinstalling, same thing.  Pretty strange....I haven't taken an iOS update in a month or so, and I didn't update the app until after this problem started, and that didn't resolve it either.  

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works/m-p/2216...

@Ferraro41 wrote:

Hi...thanks so much for the quick reply!  Yes, am using iOS (sorry, should have mentioned that earlier).  I tried your suggestions, still can't connect.   i also tried deleting the app and reinstalling, same thing.  Pretty strange....I haven't taken an iOS update in a month or so, and I didn't update the app until after this problem started, and that didn't resolve it either.  

Message 5 of 15
Ferraro41
Tutor

Will do..thanks for the help

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 7 of 15
turbojimmy2
Guide

I have the same problem. It worked a week ago but I noticed today the Orbi app won't connect to the RBR850 router. Everything is working, and I can dismiss the message and see my connected devices, settings, network, etc. I can't, however, check for firmware updates because it can't find the router. It's not VPN or iCloud Relay related. I can't get to the router through a browser, either, using its IP address. 

Based on a search on the topic it's clear that there is a fairly new issue. I guess I'll just wait and hope Netgear figures it out, but as a Nest Thermostat owner I'm not holding my breath.

Message 8 of 15
Psychbum
Star

Its utterly frustrating, I have completed the feedback process in the app by shaking it and sending the screenshots etc. 

This is the 4th time I have done this and still no response or fix has been applied!!!

Netgear are really the worst at fixing issues. 

Message 9 of 15
bluedragon
Aspirant

I have had a similar issue over the past month. Nighthawk app is unable to find the router so my extender (AX8000) will not connect. I have factory reset both my router and the extender. Now I cannot set up my extender again because it won't appear in the wifi list. I'm trying to access from an android (pixel 6) which is fully updated. Hoping there will be a solve soon

Message 10 of 15
turbojimmy2
Guide

Sorry you're having trouble. Mine magically corrected itself since I posted last. I changed nothing, so it has to be something that Netgear fixed on their end.

Message 12 of 15
Ferraro41
Tutor

Thanks...I've tried all of that, still not working.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, modified all of the settings noted in the posts above, etc...nothing works.  I did open a bug three months ago, obviously NG not in a huge rush to fix it.  Like usual.

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 14 of 15
Ferraro41
Tutor

Yep, tried that too...still doesn't work.

I have a Nighthawk R8000P

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7