Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t log out from Nighthawk app

Nt301Hwk98
Aspirant

Can’t log out from Nighthawk app

I am unable to log out from the mobile app. I logged into the app, completed what I needed to do. When I went to log out, there was no “logout” option.
I closed & re-opened the app, and found that I was still logged in. I deleted the app & reinstalled it. Logged in (If you delete & reinstall, all of your set up and devices are still there. You don’t need to set everything up again). After logging in, the log out option was available. But the “logout” button does not work.
Message 1 of 12

Re: Can’t log out from Nighthawk app

@Nt301Hwk98 wrote:
I am unable to log out from the mobile app. I logged into the app, completed what I needed to do. When I went to log out, there was no “logout” option.

Which mobile app? (Orbi? Nighthawk?) And on what mobile device? (iOS? Android?)

And what Netgear device are you trying to manage?

Message 2 of 12
Nt301Hwk98
Aspirant

Nighthawk

iOS

Nighthawk R7450

Message 3 of 12

Which bit are you trying to logout from?

In the Android version you have to back out using the on screen navigation. It will then ask me to conform that I want to log out.

The app is designed to remember your  credentials and log back in when you start the app.

Has the behaviour of the iOS app changed since you started using it.

Message 4 of 12
Nt301Hwk98
Aspirant

I've had the app since I bought the router. I have kept up with updates.

The behavior of the iOS app didn't occur until the day I posted the problem here.

I'm just waiting for customer support to reply with a solution.

Message 5 of 12

@Nt301Hwk98 wrote:

I've had the app since I bought the router. I have kept up with updates.

The behavior of the iOS app didn't occur until the day I posted the problem here.

I'm just waiting for customer support to reply with a solution.

Have you asked them? They aren't likely to respond here.

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue to talk about technical issues, with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Message 6 of 12
Nt301Hwk98
Aspirant

I went through the app store, looked up the app, and listed there was an e-mail address to contact Netgear if there were any app issues. That is where I sent my issue to, for a response.

Message 7 of 12
Nt301Hwk98
Aspirant

UPDATE: My technical support contract ended. In order for me to get technical support, I would have to purchase another contract. I called Netgear's technical support. I told them that the issue was the app and not the router. I also mentioned all of the procedures that I have done thus far:

Shut down the router and did a reboot.

Kept up with all of the app updates.

Uninstalled the app; shut down the phone; reboot the phone; installed the app.

Answer: They would have to shut down my router; reboot my router; do a reconfiguration - to see if there is a problem there.

Since I am in the middle of work, I can't shut down. And when I call later, I will probably be expecting a long wait time.

Until then, I guess for security purposes, I'll just uninstall the app to log out, and reinstall it when I need to log back in when I need to do something with the router.

Message 8 of 12

@Nt301Hwk98 wrote:

UPDATE: My technical support contract ended. In order for me to get technical support, I would have to purchase another contract.

Who did you contact and how did you find them?

I ask that because we have had  too many reports here of people being conned by crooks who buy searct results on Google.

They then try to presuade people to give them access to their PCs and have been known to do serious damage.

Until then, I guess for security purposes, I'll just uninstall the app to log out, and reinstall it when I need to log back in when I need to do something with the router.

As I said, your experience does not match mine. There simply is no log out option in the Android app. It is a part of the Android system.

Exit Screenshot_20221213-180911_Nighthawk.jpg

It also logs in automatically when I start the app. Again, that how Android works.

As to doing things on the router. I usually go for the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Message 9 of 12

@Nt301Hwk98 wrote:

I went through the app store, looked up the app, and listed there was an e-mail address to contact Netgear if there were any app issues. That is where I sent my issue to, for a response.

I think you will find that that process is more of a feedback tool than a way to contact support. I have never seen reports here of that router delivering results.

Message 10 of 12
Nt301Hwk98
Aspirant

I found the contact e-mail info from the Nighthawk app in the App store.

In regards to contacting Netgear support, I called their customer support line via their website.

Message 11 of 12

@Nt301Hwk98 wrote:

In regards to contacting Netgear support, I called their customer support line via their website.

That's the way to do it. No crooks involved.

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series