Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't sign into the genie app!

Andres9669
Follower

Can't sign into the genie app!

I can't sign into the app it states it cannot find the network and that I maybe on guest service but I'm on it!! Please help I'm trying to use the app because it's really convenient!
Message 1 of 5

Re: Can't sign into the genie app!

@Andres9669 wrote:
I can't sign into the app ...

Which app?  Standalone app? Windows? Android? iThing? Web interface?

All come with something called a genie.

And what are you trying to connect to? Modem? Router? Something else?

Message 2 of 5
acr928
Aspirant

Hi - I'm not the original poster but jumping in here....I just purchased an AC1750 and after I got the Internet up and running I downloaded the NETGEAR Genie app on my iPhone and logged in using admin and password and was able to successfully rename one of my two Internet signals.....then, I went back into the app to rename the other and it now says "NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported. Also make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router, and no IPv6 is enabled."

I'm not sure what that means or how to fix so I can successfully use the app.....any help/tips/suggestions?

THX

ACR928

Message 3 of 5

The iPhone app lives in a world of its own. Unless an iExpert can step in, the best advice is probably to make any changes from a PC or something "hard wired" to the router.

Any changes you make over wifi are going to be a problem. Not recommended.

This is especially true of you want to configure wifi settings because you are messing around with the service that you are using. A bit like changing a light bulb with the power switched on. It can work but it can also go horribly wrong.

By the way, there is no such thing as an AC1750. That is wifi standard. Netgear makes a lot of AC1750 kit. For better advice, tell people the model number.

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @acr928,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Genie iOS app.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series