Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Log into Nighthawk App

ep0r
Aspirant

Cannot Log into Nighthawk App

I recently updated my R7000 wireless router to Firmware V1.0.11.136_10.2.120.  After the update I am unable to log into the Nighthawk App.  When I open the app it asks for my router admin credential.  I enter the user name and password a spinning symbol appears for a moment but nothing happens.  Then I get the following message "Logon timed out, please try again. If this issue persists, try rebooting your devise."  I have tried rebooting the wireless router via the gui on my PC and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Neither fixes the issue.  I do not believe it is a credential issue because I am able to sign into the router gui with my admin credentials on my PC so those credentials should not be different when trying to sign onto the app.  Additional info I am using an iPhone and the app is up to date.

Anyone else having this issue?  TIA

Message 1 of 4

Re: Cannot Log into Nighthawk App

@ep0r wrote:

I recently updated my R7000 wireless router to Firmware V1.0.11.136_10.2.120.  After the update I am unable to log into the Nighthawk App. 

Is that on a local wifi connection or with Anywhere Access?

Anyone else having this issue?  TIA

The symptoms you describe hit the Android version about  month ago. That got fixed, but in the Netgear's coders seem to have broken the iOS version. However, the symptoms reported aren't the quite same.

Message 2 of 4
ep0r
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I cannot even get to the option to select wifi or anywhere access.  When I open the app the first thing it asks is for the admin credentials.  I guess I'll need to wait for an update to the app.

Message 3 of 4

@ep0r wrote:

I cannot even get to the option to select wifi or anywhere access. 

You don't choose it. If you are connected to the router's wifi, it should be there. You then get a choice of wifi. Anywhere.

If not, you have hit the bug brick wall.

But did you ever set up Anywhere Access?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7