Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am having the same problem almost 2 years after these initial reports

bwelnack
Aspirant

I am having the same problem almost 2 years after these initial reports

Disappointing, I am having the same problem almost 2 years after these initial reports.  On the first day of installing my new router, the device manager UI turned white and I lost the ability to toggle on/off wifi access for each device.

Message 1 of 4

Re: I am having the same problem almost 2 years after these initial reports

@bwelnack wrote:

On the first day of installing my new router, the device manager UI turned white and I lost the ability to toggle on/off wifi access for each device.

Did you update the firmware for your unnamed router when you set it up?

If you want help, then you'll have to tell people what happened and what is on your network.

And best done by starting a new conversation.

Oh, and the Nighthawk App, if that is what you are using, isn't really the "device manager UI" so much as a dumbed down version for mobile devices.

Message 2 of 4
bwelnack
Aspirant

Yes, the mobile app checked for firmware update in final stages of install, and stated it was up to date.  Un-named router is RAXE500.  I was really impressed with the NightHawk mobile app, until the "Devices" tab UI reverted from a rich interface to a white background less-featured interface, as others have described.  As a retired web designer and mobile app developer, I understand the mobile app is making some decision on what to display based on something. I will just contact tech support.

Message 3 of 4

@bwelnack wrote:

Yes, the mobile app checked for firmware update in final stages of install, and stated it was up to date.

The bad news is that that is not a reliable check. There are times when the on-board check, or using an app to do it, misses recent updates.

My experience over the years is that new routers rarely reach buyers with the newest firmware.

A more reliable check is to look at the firmware version you have installed and then to visit the support pages for that device and see which firmware that offers as the newest.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

RAXE500 Firmware Version 1.0.12.96 - NETGEAR Support

Check the section in the manual on updating the firmware.

Or read this:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7